Friday 4 January 2013

3 weeks + 3 days

 

Yesterday was a bit of a washout for Nick's new routine. We started off well, but at 11 am there was a fatal accident outside our house and being the first on the scene it took me a few hours before I was free again. Both Nick and I found the whole incident very distressing and neither of us felt like doing exercises. Fortunately one of Nick's friends come over in the afternoon, which both cheered him up and distracted him from the police activity going on outside. Overall he only managed a few exercises and one short walk.

 

Today was much better. Nick carried out all of his new activities (see tab on 3 week post op exercises) except a swim. And to our delighted he was able to reach below his knees today for the first time! He did need to rest between activities and he says that he thinks the key is to be patient, but none the less this is, finally, a visible improvement. Yippee!!

 

I have added a page of his new exercises routine.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rosey, I just found your site today. I am forwarding this to my 16 year old who is currently sacked out on the couch with muscle relaxers trying to attempt home study while in chronic pain. I am crying while I read your blog because it is giving me hope where I felt there just wasn't any for months now and because I know very well the things you were saying are so true. I see that you both went through a lot of struggles an at 12 weeks when you felt things should be progressing they got worse. I feel like since he was injured in April this year that's about where we have been. We are waiting the four weeks for the Epidural to do it's job but it's likely it hasn't and he'll need the MD. Since it started it's been a slow creeping kind of pain and because it progressed so much over the summer but his activity was limited we didn't quite notice till he tried to sit in class when school started back up just how horrible it was. Anyway I probably have a 100 questions for you if you are willing to correspond with me. I have added my email address as a request follow your posts...so you should have it now. Kindest regards and thank you for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Very happy to 'chat'. I don't get your email address, just your comment via email. Best thing is to look me up in Facebook - 'Rosey Nugent', live in London, Referee, same photo as below. Send me a message but mention this blog so that I know who you are. In the meantime, keep faith - it does get better. Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi can you tell me what the flare ups felt like? I had sharp pains in my spine at 8 weeks and 13 weeks. I had an mri I guess they were flare ups

    ReplyDelete